Saving Windows Event Logs
Last update: 8 March 2018
This article describes the steps neccessary to save Microsoft Windows Event Logs for later analysis.
To save an Event Log the following steps have to be performed:
- Open the "Run" dialog by pressing Win+R.
- Type the command "eventvwr" into the textbox and press Return or click OK.
- In the Event Viewer navigate to "Windows Logs" and select the log that you want to save.
- Open the context menu and execute the command "Save All Events As...".
- Select a filename and save the file in EVTX or EVT format.
- Upload the event logs to the Fabasoft Support Service Desk.
Please ensure that no filter is applied to the Event Logs before saving them, to ensure that all the necessary information is saved.