Cleanup of MMC-Service areas
Last update: 11 February 2022 (cf)
For cleaning up MMC-Service areas the tool fscadmin is used. This tool is able to delete all files in the target MMC-Service area which are not referenced in the database.
The tool fscadmin is installed with the Fabasoft Server Management.
By calling fscadmin.exe respectively fscadmin the command-line help is displayed.
For further inforation see our How to use fscadmin article.
General information about the provided examples
All given examples were written for Microsoft Windows. If you are using Linux watch out for some differences:
- In Linux the syntax is a little bit different. Arguments are written with a doubledash (e.g. "--action"). Furthermore there is possibility to shorten the syntax (e.g. "-a" for "--action"). For further information see the fscadmin help.
- In Linux you might set the hostname as well as the port while in Microsoft Windows these informations are not necessary. Host and port is the listen hostname and port of COO-Service 1. For example:
fscadmin --host --port -a list
Basic parameters of fscadmin
-action Type of action to execute - we use the cleanup parameter
list List all services in this domain
cleanup Cleanup content area
checkconsistency Check content consistency of target MMC Service
-service Execute against this service
[-logfile ] Path to logfile (default Linux: /var/opt/fabasoft/log/fscadmin.log)
(default Microsoft Windows: C:\Users\\fscadmin.log
[-time ] Cleanup unreferenced files saved before now-days
[-areadir ] Specific area to cleanup
[-casrange - Restricts to the directories specified by the range
[-host ] IP address of COO service host
[-port ] TCP port of COO service
Please consider that some of the parameters are not available in older Fabsoft Folio versions.
Finding out the ID of a specific service:
In order to clean up a particular MMC service area you need to figure out the service ID of the affected service.
To create a list of services and their assigned ID you have to execute the following command:
fscadmin.exe -action list
Cleanup of all areas of all MMC Services
fscadmin.exe -action cleanup -service all -time 30
- -service all The command is executed against all services
- -time 30 The cleanup is restricted to files which were saved at least 30 days ago.
Cleanup of all areas of a specific MMC-Service
fscadmin.exe -action cleanup -service 2 -time 30 -logfile C:\temp\MMCSVC2.log
- -service 2 The command is executed against a specific service with the ID 2
- -logfile C:\temp\MMCSVC2.log The logfile is saved to C:\temp\MMCSVC2.log - When a command is executed against a specific service. We recommend setting the logfile parameter for an easier analysis in case of an error
Cleanup of single area of a MMC-Service
fscadmin.exe -action cleanup -service 2 -areadir MMCArea1 -time 30
- -areadir MMCArea1
The command is restricted to a specific MMC area with the name MMCArea1
Partial cleanup in CAS areas
fscadmin.exe -action cleanup -service 2 -areadir MMCArea1 -casrange 00-3f -time 30
- -areadir MMCArea1 The command is restricted to a specific MMC area with the name MMCArea1
- -casrange 00-3f The command only cleans up files in the CAS range between 00-3f.
Consistency check of MMC-Service areas
fscadmin.exe -action checkconsistency -service 2
- -action checkconsistencyChecks the content for its consistancy in target MMC-Service
- -service 2The command is executed against a specific service
Frequently encoutered errors
- Execution failed. (No method found for action "COOSYSTEM@1.1:CleanupContentAreas" in object class "COOSYSTEM@1.1:COOService") Cause: Target service is a COO-Service.
- Error: Service not found
Cause: Target service ID is not existant
- Action not supported Cause: Spelling mistake at the parameter "-action"
- Fabasoft Folio
- Fabasoft eGov-Suite